The Costa Mesa Sanitary District Releases a Pump Station Reconstruction NIB
Project Title: President Pump Station Reconstruction
Project No. 318
Bid Due Date: September 16, 2020 10:00 am (Pacific)
Bids will be received by the Costa Mesa Sanitary District office at 290 Paularino Avenue, Costa Mesa, California at which time they will be opened publicly and read aloud in the Board Conference Room.
Contract time: 100 working days
Engineers Estimate: $1,726,780.00
Mandatory pre-bid meeting at 12:00 p.m. (noon) on the 21st day of August 2020 (Friday). The pre- bid meeting will be held at the pump station. Refer to the location map on Drawing G-2 of the Plans.
All pre-bid attendees are required to wear a face mask and observe social distancing guidelines as described in the Orange County Health Guidelines.
The question deadline during the bid period is 5:00 p.m. on the 3rd day of September 2020 (Thursday).
Plans and specifications may be obtained at the SABP Reprographics, 2372 Morse Avenue, Irvine, CA 92614, (949) 756-1001 (e-mail: KLD@sabp.com)
Work Description: Provide all labor, material, equipment, and incidental work to construct the President Pump Station Reconstruction Project as indicated. The major items of work are as follows, but are not limited to:
- Demolition of existing station (pumps, piping, and valves);
- Excavation and shoring;
- Dewatering; installation of pumps and piping improvements;
- Construction of new pump station wet well (precast)
- Construction of new valve / meter vault (precast);
- Reinforcing the existing wet well and dry well (proposed emergency storage structure);
- Rehabilitation of existing 8” gravity sewer main by CIPP lining in easement at 2037 National Avenue;
- New cement treated decomposed granite (DG) walkway;
- New Portland Cement Concrete (PCC) paving in pump station area around new vaults and structures; Installation of new water service for the station per MWD standard drawings;
- Construction of new electrical and control facilities; new retaining walls; new fencing and gates with privacy slats and barbed wire at top; and start up and testing.