Local Architecture Firms Recognized for Achievement in Design
The American Institute of Architects, Orange County Chapter (AIAOC) announced the award winners of its signature event, the 2019 Design Awards. The gala was held on September 19, 2019 at the Newport Beach Civic Center, Newport Beach, Calif.
The AIAOC Design Awards program honors the exceptional commitment of its member architects who continually serve, shape, discover, and imagine solutions for the evolving needs of our living and working environments.
SABP Print Solutions is proud to be an Annual Sponsor of the AIA Orange County Chapter!
Annually, the AIAOC Design Awards event celebrates thoughtful architecture and recognizes architects who envision a place of purpose for our local, regional, and national communities.
Jonathan Peters, principal architect at Walt Disney Imagineering, was the keynote speaker and share his story about the Disneyland legacy and explored the future of experiential design as an architect and story teller.
Important this year, the association focused on a new featured award category—Next Generation
Design Award submissions are juried by a team of industry thought-leaders that e valuate design achievement, regardless of project category, type, or budget.
AND THE WINNERS ARE:
Commercial Interiors Category:
- Gensler: Auckland International Airport
- Tag Front: The Press
- Gensler: MiSK School
- Little Diversified Architectural Consulting: Navae Vitae-CSUMB Kinesiology and Wellness Center
- LPA, Inc.: Palomar College Learning Resource Center
- LPA, Inc.: Tarbut V’Torah Upper Campus
- Studio One Eleven: Cadence Park
- Studio One Eleven: The Roost
- Studio One Eleven: Warehouse 415
- SVA Architects, Inc.: The Barn, UC Riverside
Featured Award Category: Next Generation Workplaces:
- Wolcott Architecture: Von Karman Creative Campus
Inspire Award Category: Recognizes visionary projects that are focused on solving the challenges of the built environment.
- Little Diversified Architectural Consulting: Air
- YNL Architects, Inc.: Street Median Housing
Custom Residential Category: Recognizes built and un-built custom homes and additions.
- Foubister Architects: Coastal Home
- Foubister Architects: Lindsay Residence
- LPA, Inc. / Rick Wood: Norwegian Wood Playhouse
- McClean Design: Carla Lane
Planned Residential Development Category:.
- MVE + Partners: The Residences at Pacific City
The President’s Award:
- The Center for Regenerative Studies at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona Recognized as one of the first U.S. Department of Energy “Top 10 Green Buildings,” was the initiator of the SCE Savings by Design program, and a winner of the AIACC Nathaniel Owens Award for Sustainable Design.
Extend a Service Award: Given to an outstanding Architect, Associate, or Allied member for their service to the AIAOC.
- Meghana Joshi, Assoc. AIA was recognized for her industry work such as, her founding role for the AIAOC Women in Architecture Committee, and the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
The 25-Year Award: Is awarded to recognize Orange County architecture that has stood the test of time.
- Disneyland-1955 Masterplan
- MVE + Partners for their Bayview Mixed Use Center project.
The AIAOC 2019 Design Awards sponsors include:
Jacobs, Clark Construction, Leicht, Check Set Review, Solatube, Burkhart Brothers Construction, VOCO2, Clarus, Daltile, SCI, and Chad M