The City of Newport Beach has just released the RFP for prequalified select Bidders for the Marina Park Project. Contract No. 3897-C . The engineers estimate is $ 18,500,000
Austin Commercial —- Bernards —- Erickson-Hall Construction —- KPRS Construction Services, Inc. —- Perera Construction & Design, Inc. —- ProWest Constructors —- Stronghold Engineering —- Swinerton Builders —- TB Pennick —- W.E. O’Neil Construction Company —- Kemp Bros. Construction —- Malcraft, Inc
The Marina Park project encompasses a 10.5-acre site located at 1600 West Balboa Boulevard, Newport Beach, CA 92663, and involves new construction of the following:
- Public Park
- 24,000-square-foot Community Center
- A Sailing Center Building
- 23-Slip Marina with Guest Docks
- Reconstructed 19th Street Restroom Building
- Freestanding Playground Lighthouse feature
- Themed Playground & Outdoor Fitness Circuit
- New Parking Lots
- Frontage Street Improvements.
- The park will also be home to the new 6,100-square-foot Girl Scouts Leadership Center, which is being funded entirely by the Girl Scouts of Orange County.
The buildings in this project are designed to meet LEED Silver rating requirements
Interestingly there is a rather unique aspect of this project regarding saving the existing Palm trees from the original mobile home park site. Dutra Construction Company
was awarded the contract for Dredging, Bulkheads, Grading and Soil Remediation and to Relocate the Palm Trees for the future site. Any tree damaged will be subject to a $5,000.00 penalty and will be replaced with a Washingtonia robusta. So far so good, and all the Palms have been saved and appear like an oasis in the center of the job site.
Bid Schedule Dates:
• Invitation to Bid —— March, 3, 2014
• Pre-Bid Meeting —— March 13, 2014, 9:00a.m.
• Final Day to Submit Substitutions —— March 18, 2014, 5:00p.m.
• Final Day to Submit Bidder Questions —— March 28, 2014, 5:00p.m.
• Bid Opening -EXTENDED April 15, 2014, 10:00a.m.
• Construction Start —— July 2014
Prospective bidders may obtain Bid Documents, Project Specifications and Drawings by contacting SABP Reprographics(Santa Ana Blue Print) at (949)756-1001 located at 2372 Morse Avenue, Irvine, CA 92614